New to Lexapro – question

Started by shawn9r14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn9r14

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started taking Lexapro last week and it is already helping a little bit. But it seems like I am more stressed in the morning and start feeling better in the afternoon. Is this how it starts working in some people? I have some Xanax too and sometimes take a half (they are a small dosage anyway) when I feel like I need it but I am trying not too today to see how I feel w/o it.
Also I keep reading these horror stories about people coming off of Lexapro. I'm hoping there are some people who DON'T have a really bad experience getting off of it. Is there anyone who did not have a lot of problems? I had a bad experience with Zoloft (more the getting on than the getting off) so I was scared to start another drug but my dr says she thinks Lexapro will be ok and so far so good. She started me on only 5 mg and I bumped up to 10 a couple days ago.
 
Hi I am new to this forum and this is my first insert. I have been on Lexapro (5) mgs for 2 years. I would take it about 4:00 just before my husband got home. This way I was calmer and would just let things roll off my back. It did help. I stopped because I feel that I have less stress with out it. When I stopped cold turkey I got brain zaps. I took one pill today the brain zaps stopped. I will take a quarter of a pill tomorrow. Brain zaps are very bad. You should not drive if you are having them. They are like little siezures. I feel that very soon there will be additional warnings and lawsuits that come with lexapro as I am only on 5 mgs and the brain zaps are like little strokes. You cannot function in public. I don't know if I would recommend lexapro as I am scared that these brain zaps will be here if I stop. What happened to all research and development? I just bumped into a site http://www.Lulu.Com/content/587718 which sales the book “With a license to kill”. I really appreciate the writer John Josefson for writing about the facts. You can get this book now at Amazon with ISBN no 978-1-84753-026-4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.