No New GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
holy ****. that's sort of down to the wire, right? like, after everyone's already ran and made their GRe appointments before the dread date, and then they pull out like that. I mean it's good, but sort of unprofessional.

I have several friends who've wanted to take the shorter, more familiar test, and so scheduled to take it TWICE before august... even though in a perfect world, they would have spaced it out more. hm.
 
Yipiee! 🙂 I gotta get my stupid verbal score up. Too bad there's not a "biology" verbal GRE !!
 
holy ****. that's sort of down to the wire, right? like, after everyone's already ran and made their GRe appointments before the dread date, and then they pull out like that. I mean it's good, but sort of unprofessional.

I have several friends who've wanted to take the shorter, more familiar test, and so scheduled to take it TWICE before august... even though in a perfect world, they would have spaced it out more. hm.

your friends might want to consider rescheduling one of their appointments. It does cost $40 but it might be worth it if the person wants more time to prepare...
 
your friends might want to consider rescheduling one of their appointments. It does cost $40 but it might be worth it if the person wants more time to prepare...

I was able to reschedule my GRE last year without having to pay the $40. I was expecting to pay but was never charged. 😕 Don't know if it was a fluke or I didn't read the fine print correctly. I was only about a month away from my initial test date and I moved it back because I realized there was MATH on the GRE so I couldn't wing it.
 
I bet you could call them and tell them that you were counting on there being no GRE in August, and they would reschedule it for free.
 
I think they should still get rid of the adaptive part of the test! It doesn't really matter for me anymore since I will never take it again, but they really need to get rid of the adaptive format! I went all the way to France to take in in linear form🙂
 
I think they should still get rid of the adaptive part of the test! It doesn't really matter for me anymore since I will never take it again, but they really need to get rid of the adaptive format! I went all the way to France to take in in linear form🙂

Do you think that positively affected your score much?
 
Yes, I did much better on the linear test! I completely bombed the adaptive one! The linear one looked the same and I couldn't even see a difference on the computer, but it's all about the way they score it, and of coarse the difficulty of the questions. 😎
 
I was able to reschedule my GRE last year without having to pay the $40. I was expecting to pay but was never charged. 😕 Don't know if it was a fluke or I didn't read the fine print correctly. I was only about a month away from my initial test date and I moved it back because I realized there was MATH on the GRE so I couldn't wing it.

Hehehe, the same thing happened to me. I think it was when I re-tested that they banged me out for the $40 bucks anyway. I thought they had forgotten!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never having the nightmare of the GRE again is seriously one of the best parts of getting into vet school!🙂
 
ok - this is absolutely crazy, but i'm thinking of taking these sob's again. i feel like i could live with my average scores (580V, 640Q, 4.5A), but if i want to compete for scholarships in vet school, do they look at these blasted things again? i really don't want to take them (and i probably won't improve b/c i don't have the time/money for a special class)...