non-science classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jessicaholland1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how strict schools are about their non-science pre-req classes? I'll be applying with a BS, but I didnt have to take a lot of gen ed classes (like english and history) due to IB credits.

I can always take one or two classes the summer before, but do you think it will count against me if I apply without those classes?
 
Schools vary, so your best bet is to talk to the schools you're planning on applying to.
I have some AP credit, and I know the schools I'm looking at will only accept 6 hours of credit from them. They have the same policy for other times of advanced-standing credit.
 
Does anyone know how strict schools are about their non-science pre-req classes? I'll be applying with a BS, but I didnt have to take a lot of gen ed classes (like english and history) due to IB credits.

I can always take one or two classes the summer before, but do you think it will count against me if I apply without those classes?

A lot of the California schools waive some of the GE requirements for those with BA/BS degrees. Again each school is different, so you'd want to check each website (or call) individually.