Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm 29, I didn't have a spectacular undergrad career, but I rocked the MCAT(36S). I applied to MD schools last year and didn't get any interviews. This year I applied to DO schools, got 2 interviews, but no acceptances. One of the schools I interviewed with (VCOM) said I wouldn't be a good fit. When I pushed a bit, she admitted she was lying, but still wouldn't tell me why I didn't get in. I thought the interviews went well, except for one DO at VCOM saying he didn't think I could handle biochem, even though they take way dimmer students than me. Then, when he talked about medical missions, and the difficulty of getting traditional cultures to accept medicine, he was pretty nasty about the fact that I work in a bookstore.
There isn't any field I want to go into besides medicine, and being a re-re-applicant, I don't have tremendous hopes for getting in next year. Also, as a late college graduate, I'm having a terrible time finding a job, so I'm not likely to have a better application next year.
Are any of the Caribbean schools friendly towards older applicants?
I'm 29, I didn't have a spectacular undergrad career, but I rocked the MCAT(36S). I applied to MD schools last year and didn't get any interviews. This year I applied to DO schools, got 2 interviews, but no acceptances. One of the schools I interviewed with (VCOM) said I wouldn't be a good fit. When I pushed a bit, she admitted she was lying, but still wouldn't tell me why I didn't get in. I thought the interviews went well, except for one DO at VCOM saying he didn't think I could handle biochem, even though they take way dimmer students than me. Then, when he talked about medical missions, and the difficulty of getting traditional cultures to accept medicine, he was pretty nasty about the fact that I work in a bookstore.
There isn't any field I want to go into besides medicine, and being a re-re-applicant, I don't have tremendous hopes for getting in next year. Also, as a late college graduate, I'm having a terrible time finding a job, so I'm not likely to have a better application next year.
Are any of the Caribbean schools friendly towards older applicants?