Null

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ophthoptimistically

Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Normally, I would say Northwestern, but given your interest in ophtho, I'm sure you know that Bascom Palmer is the #1 eye hospital in the world and would make it very easy for you to rub shoulders and gain mentorship from the leading experts in ophthalmology. So, I could see this going either way. With that said, if you end up not wanting ophtho, Northwestern will set you up well for any specialty whereas Miami is not quite as strong in most other specialties.

Edit: I did not mention Baylor or Vandy, but feel free to make a new X vs Y if they accept you.

Reactions: 2 users
For IM all of these schools could get you into a top IM program with Northwestern having a bit of an edge over Miami. But tbh you’re gonna be an MD/PhD. You’re likely gonna match at your #1 for IM regardless where you go. For Ophthalmology, you’ll be fine from any of these schools but Miami may be your best bet given the opportunities there.

Also, keep in mind Baylor is more of a 1 year pre clerkship curriculum

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
seems like you want to go to Miami, which I can't blame you for.

Its a great program and the exposure you'll get in the field of ophthalmology is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.