northwestern vs pittsburgh?

Started by eyeball
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyeball

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey all. i need some help. i have a conflict with interview dates and can interview at n'western or pittsburgh. i don't know much about either program except what can be found on their websites. any thoughts?
 
well, for what it's worth i went with pittsburgh. i figured n'western lost their va, has saturday lectures and is in an expensive city. pittsburgh looks to have good volume, good faculty and it's in an affordable city. good luck with your decision.
 
If it helps, I also would have made the same decision. I didn't have to directly choose between those 2 schools, but I did end up keeping my Pitt interview and dropping my NW interview. I really have little desire to go to a program with less than ideal surgical opportunity in such an expensive area to live. I'll be at Pitt on the 23rd.