NY Environment

Started by mellowt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mellowt

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm from California and will be attending NYU for c/o 2010. I visited NY last yr for a week and everything seemed relatively safe and cool. Just wondering if there are any areas during certain times I should avoid when going out partying,clubbing,bar hopping or whatever at night. Thanks.
 
mellowt said:
I'm from California and will be attending NYU for c/o 2010. I visited NY last yr for a week and everything seemed relatively safe and cool. Just wondering if there are any areas during certain times I should avoid when going out partying,clubbing,bar hopping or whatever at night. Thanks.


Hey! I am going to be a first year at NYU also but I am from around here and I know the area really well. In general, New York is REALLY safe. THe dental school is located in a great part of the city and not close to any areas that you should steer clear from, which are mainly in the outer boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens.. etc. ) I have lived in smaller cities and NYC is the safest place I have felt walking around at night cuz there are always tons of people around .