NYU Postbacc

Started by nanodoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nanodoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How difficult is it to gain admission to the NYU postbacc program? I am looking for a challenging program that will allow me to demonstrate my ability to the medical schools. However, due to my poor academic performance when I was younger I really screwed up my GPA. I now have barely a 3.0 despite taking the last three years with very high grades (3.85-3.5) each semester. Also, I have a huge number of "W" (withdrawal) grades on my transcript. My school does not treat them punitively but I am concerned how the postbacc programs may view them when I apply.

Is it realistic for me to apply to NYU's postbacc program?

Do you have any suggestions for solid postbacc programs where I might have a good chance of being admitted?
 
How difficult is it to gain admission to the NYU postbacc program? I am looking for a challenging program that will allow me to demonstrate my ability to the medical schools. However, due to my poor academic performance when I was younger I really screwed up my GPA. I now have barely a 3.0 despite taking the last three years with very high grades (3.85-3.5) each semester. Also, I have a huge number of "W" (withdrawal) grades on my transcript. My school does not treat them punitively but I am concerned how the postbacc programs may view them when I apply.

Is it realistic for me to apply to NYU's postbacc program?

Do you have any suggestions for solid postbacc programs where I might have a good chance of being admitted?

They consider people with a 3.0 or above! I would say apply because you'll never know if you don't! Also you've done well so if you have a good reason as to why you didn't do well initially they might take it into consideration. I would also say contact the admissions office and start building a relationship with them that will help 🙂

I am in the exact same boat as you. I have a lot of W's because I was extremely sick and in and out of the hospital and I am barely starting to get back on track. Good luck and please send me a message if you want to talk 🙂