OAT Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Commando303

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to prepare myself to apply to optometry school, and must study for the OAT. I've obtained a copy of Kaplan OAT, and gone through a bit of it, but don't find it particularly good: There are a couple of exams and a few pages of "what you need to know" information, but there's simply not a great deal of explanation of the answers.

Is this about my only resource? It's close to all I've seen, and it's shameful in comparison with Kaplan's study-book for the MCAT. I know the company offers a prep. course for the test, as well, but the cost is about $1400.00, which is maybe $1300.00 more than I can afford...

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

*I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in "pre-optometry," so I did so on both. I apologize if that was the wrong decision.
 
I'm trying to prepare myself to apply to optometry school, and must study for the OAT. I've obtained a copy of Kaplan OAT, and gone through a bit of it, but don't find it particularly good: There are a couple of exams and a few pages of "what you need to know" information, but there's simply not a great deal of explanation of the answers.

Is this about my only resource? It's close to all I've seen, and it's shameful in comparison with Kaplan's study-book for the MCAT. I know the company offers a prep. course for the test, as well, but the cost is about $1400.00, which is maybe $1300.00 more than I can afford...

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

*I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in "pre-optometry," so I did so on both. I apologize if that was the wrong decision.
search the threads, there are plenty of resources people talk about and this question has been answered many times...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is also an entire section devoted to OAT discussions.

You probably won't find very many resources in bookstores, but there are quite a few that you can order online (OAT Destroyer, achiever, or topscore pro, to name a few).