ob/gyn residency

Started by mre
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mre

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Questions on recommendation letter for residency:

How important is a chairman's letter? Do I have to have one?

All of my letters are from ob/gyn. Should I at least have one non-ob/gyn letter?

Most of the programs ask for three letters. If I send four letters, is it too many? How does it reflect on me?

Thanks.
 
A chairman's letter would be important if the writer knows you well. Otherwise, I wouldn't get one.

Any LOR is good as long as the writer knows you well and can attest to your ability and work ethic.

Check with each program, some require only 3.