Odd's

Started by PhD2MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhD2MD

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,

Im sure you probably hate to get questions like the one I am about to ask, but I really would appreciate some input on how my application would stand up to an admissions committee.

I am currently 25 and would be applying for CCP and UIC for Fall 2007. I have a BS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Spent 2 years after school doing cancer research and teaching labs and IU. I switched careers and am now in financial services, but have been yerning to get back to a science related field. My GPA was only 3.08. No PCAT yet, but I think I could do pretty well.

Is there anything hugely apparent that would inhibit my chances at either school? Any idea on how I may fair in admissions given my background?

Regards.