Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a 4th-year veterinary student looking for advice and recommendations regarding rotating internships in the Texas/DC/VA area.
I’m an off-cycle student and unfortunately won’t meet the requirements to start in July through VIRMP. I won’t be finishing my clinical year until October, so I would need to start an internship around that time.
I’d really appreciate hearing about any experiences with off-cycle rotating internships, particularly programs that offer strong mentorship and a supportive learning environment.
My long-term goal is to pursue wildlife/zoo medicine, but I’m interested in starting with a small animal rotating internship to strengthen my clinical skills and gain more experience. I don’t feel that I’ll be fully comfortable practicing independently immediately after graduation, so I’d like to use an internship to build my confidence before moving toward wildlife/zoo medicine.
If you’ve completed an internship in this area, know of programs that accept off-cycle applicants, or have any recommendations for programs with excellent mentorship, I’d love to hear about your experiences!
Any advice, suggestions, or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Also any advice for someone perusing a competitive program such as wildlife/zoo med.
I’m an off-cycle student and unfortunately won’t meet the requirements to start in July through VIRMP. I won’t be finishing my clinical year until October, so I would need to start an internship around that time.
I’d really appreciate hearing about any experiences with off-cycle rotating internships, particularly programs that offer strong mentorship and a supportive learning environment.
My long-term goal is to pursue wildlife/zoo medicine, but I’m interested in starting with a small animal rotating internship to strengthen my clinical skills and gain more experience. I don’t feel that I’ll be fully comfortable practicing independently immediately after graduation, so I’d like to use an internship to build my confidence before moving toward wildlife/zoo medicine.
If you’ve completed an internship in this area, know of programs that accept off-cycle applicants, or have any recommendations for programs with excellent mentorship, I’d love to hear about your experiences!
Any advice, suggestions, or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Also any advice for someone perusing a competitive program such as wildlife/zoo med.