-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Offiial PCAT score is released!!!
Started by Binchen222
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup, the writing score mean is only 3.28. I expected more for this cycle
Yup, the writing score mean is only 3.28. I expected more for this cycle
yup. it went down by 0.18 but im okay with that lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The mean Writing score differs from one PCAT test administration to another, reflecting differences in prompt content, slight differences in prompt difficulty, and differences in the group of candidates sitting for the PCAT during that administration. For this reason, a candidate's Writing score should always be evaluated relative to the mean score for the test administration during which the score is earned."
So on the official report, "Score" is the average of the 2 essays you wrote. "Mean" is the national average.
Hope this helped!
So on the official report, "Score" is the average of the 2 essays you wrote. "Mean" is the national average.
Hope this helped!
I think "Mean" is the average score between the two test graders, not the average scores of the two essays because they only picked one to grade, at random.
"The mean Writing score differs from one PCAT test administration to another, reflecting differences in prompt content, slight differences in prompt difficulty, and differences in the group of candidates sitting for the PCAT during that administration. For this reason, a candidates Writing score should always be evaluated relative to the mean score for the test administration during which the score is earned."
So on the official report, "Score" is the average of the 2 essays you wrote. "Mean" is the national average.
Hope this helped!
That wouldnt make any sense. We all have the same mean of 3.28. Its the test window average score. I got a 4 on my essay.I think "Mean" is the average score between the two test graders, not the average scores of the two essays because they only picked one to grade, at random.
Mean is the average of all test takers during the testing window.
scores just posted to pharmcas for me... anyone know how long before they are mailed to schools?
Next mailing cycle is day after tomorrow! Same as mine, posted at 10AM
Next mailing cycle is day after tomorrow! Same as mine, posted at 10AM
I am not sure how this thing works. Do they actually use physical mail or send the information using the internet?
If they send real mails it would take a few days more for the schools to receive it after they mail it on Wednesday. hmm
I am not sure how this thing works. Do they actually use physical mail or send the information using the internet?
If they send real mails it would take a few days more for the schools to receive it after they mail it on Wednesday. hmm
I called them about sth and they told me that they mail out (paper versions) everyday monday and wednesday. Ad soon as your grades r verified, they go online so that ur schools can access them in realtime before ur app is sent.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I took the PCAT on September 3rd, but my test just showed up on the PharmCAS website and it says that the test was taken September 13th? Why do you think that is??
Same here, except I took mine on the 17th. However pharmcas mobile has the correct date, so I think it is just a typo. I wouldn't worry about it because as long as they have your PCAT score, that's all that really matters.
So I took the PCAT on September 3rd, but my test just showed up on the PharmCAS website and it says that the test was taken September 13th? Why do you think that is??
I took it on Sept 3rd too but mine was showing alright. Prolly tech error
So I took the PCAT on September 3rd, but my test just showed up on the PharmCAS website and it says that the test was taken September 13th? Why do you think that is??
It means you took it on September, 2013, not the 13th of September. They listed it as a test window, not a date.
I have a question...does anyone know the answer?
So I took the September 2013 PCAT, but I am not going to apply to school until the next application cycle (in a year). This is because I work full time and I'm just not ready to apply yet. What happens to my PCAT scores that get sent to the schools I indicated when signing up for the PCAT? (PharmCAS and two other schools, can't remember). Will it look bad if they receive a PCAT score from me but no application? And what would I do next year when I do actually need to apply? Any info helps.
Thanks!
So I took the September 2013 PCAT, but I am not going to apply to school until the next application cycle (in a year). This is because I work full time and I'm just not ready to apply yet. What happens to my PCAT scores that get sent to the schools I indicated when signing up for the PCAT? (PharmCAS and two other schools, can't remember). Will it look bad if they receive a PCAT score from me but no application? And what would I do next year when I do actually need to apply? Any info helps.
Thanks!
I have taken the PCAT on September 18, but PharmCAS have not received the scores yet because I forgot to enter my PCAT cid number when I e-submitted my application. 🙁 I have just entered it today into my PharmCAS application and saved it. Have anyone had the same problem before? Does anyone know if I need to pay $20 for Pearson to send the scores to PharmCAS again? Thanks in advance!
I have taken the PCAT on September 18, but PharmCAS have not received the scores yet because I forgot to enter my PCAT cid number when I e-submitted my application. 🙁 I have just entered it today into my PharmCAS application and saved it. Have anyone had the same problem before? Does anyone know if I need to pay $20 for Pearson to send the scores to PharmCAS again? Thanks in advance!
I just made the same mistake you did, and I also didn't submit to PCAT Watertown 104 .______________. I just paid the extra $20 and entered in my PCAT cid number on my app. Does anyone know how long this takes for PCAT to verify for my early Sept PCAT score?
I just made the same mistake you did, and I also didn't submit to PCAT Watertown 104 .______________. I just paid the extra $20 and entered in my PCAT cid number on my app. Does anyone know how long this takes for PCAT to verify for my early Sept PCAT score?
It should not take more than a week, since Pearson already have your official score report. They would just need to forward them to Pharmcas.
Omg if I had not read this I would have been waiting forever, I was wondering why schools were taking so long to get my PCAT scores...
So can I get a confirmation, I just added my PCAT CID and saved it, no extra fees or anything? Just wait?
So can I get a confirmation, I just added my PCAT CID and saved it, no extra fees or anything? Just wait?
Yup, mine was updated one day after. No extra fees.Omg if I had not read this I would have been waiting forever, I was wondering why schools were taking so long to get my PCAT scores...
So can I get a confirmation, I just added my PCAT CID and saved it, no extra fees or anything? Just wait?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
