--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FosterWallace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Firstly, any OMFS program you match into is good. With 141 spots filled this year from those matching straight from dental school, it is nothing to take for granted.

That said, the med school committee weighs heavily in on who they allow into their med school. It will preclude you from some programs with top tier med schools associations, but not all 6 year programs. You will never know until you apply so apply everywhere if you can, including as many 4 year programs as you can afford.

Med school involvement is very variable in the admission process. Many OMFS programs have excellent relationships with the med school and essentially get to choose their residents with very little regard to undergrad. I interviewed at 15+ 6 year programs and was only asked about my undergrad once and it was because one of the attendings was also an alum .... That being said under 3.0 might raise a few red flags.

Members don't see this ad :)
Med school involvement is very variable in the admission process. Many OMFS programs have excellent relationships with the med school and essentially get to choose their residents with very little regard to undergrad. I interviewed at 15+ 6 year programs and was only asked about my undergrad once and it was because one of the attendings was also an alum .... That being said under 3.0 might raise a few red flags.
you also got into columbia dental so idk how rough your undergrad grades were

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users