OMFS - how many applications to send in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do 4 year programs prefer applicants with non-cats over dental students with better stats?
Not always. It’s been years since I’ve been in residency and screened/interview applicants.

We always placed the most highest emphasis on academics.

But with the sheer volume of applicants - you will find those with both. Those with good academics and those with a prelim year.

Plenty of dental students with strong stats will match to a 4 year program.
I’m living proof. I got in the first round at my top matched program. It’s all dependent on the individual applicant.