OMS/MD financial aid ?

Started by millmm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

millmm

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on dental school in the near future and am also interested in OMS programs. I am aware of the two options (4 yr certificate vs. integrated OMS/MD). What my question concerns is the latter. How do people finance the 4 yrs of dental school and the 2-3 yrs of med. I want to avoid private loans, but the fedrals cap out at 140,000, in my understanding. I figure dental will be 20-25K/yr and the med school yrs in residency will be the same w/o resident stipends. it seems that >140,000 is unavoidable given undergrad loan debt.
-Thanks