Online Vet Tech Programs

Started by lee9786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lee9786

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm doing some research for a friend of mine. She'd love to work as a vet tech but are unable to relocate due to a number of reasons. I've seen some online vet tech programs. Would these be marketable and allow her to compete for a job?
 
I'm doing some research for a friend of mine. She'd love to work as a vet tech but are unable to relocate due to a number of reasons. I've seen some online vet tech programs. Would these be marketable and allow her to compete for a job?

I think the reputable ones require the tech to be under the guidance of a vet to get the clinical skills. There is an association for vet techs that accredits programs.
 
Yes, if she completes an AVMA accredited program. There are several that offer a distance learning option.