Opinion on Dropping!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MadeInHouston

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm currently a freshman and this is my first semester. I had signed up for 17hours worth of classes. Immediately I drop a class because of an exam I bombed. This next class (Bio which is very important to me) I didn't do too well on the exam (60), but I didn't give up I hope to make it up with the next exam. Yet I when I took it I felt ill prepared so now I'm thinking about dropping this class. What I need help on is should I drop Bio? And well it really effect my chances of pharmacy school. The reasons for me dropping is that I am really trying for a 4.0 gpa or a high 3. (Additional question does a 4.0 gpa with few a dropped classes look better then a person with high 2 or low 3 gpa with no dropped classes?)
PLEASE HELP A FRESHMAN OUT!
 
So I'm currently a freshman and this is my first semester. I had signed up for 17hours worth of classes. Immediately I drop a class because of an exam I bombed. This next class (Bio which is very important to me) I didn't do too well on the exam (60), but I didn't give up I hope to make it up with the next exam. Yet I when I took it I felt ill prepared so now I'm thinking about dropping this class. What I need help on is should I drop Bio? And well it really effect my chances of pharmacy school. The reasons for me dropping is that I am really trying for a 4.0 gpa or a high 3. (Additional question does a 4.0 gpa with few a dropped classes look better then a person with high 2 or low 3 gpa with no dropped classes?)
PLEASE HELP A FRESHMAN OUT!

Having a few W's on your transcript won't matter much, as long as you aren't dropping courses every semester. Honestly though, if you're still in a position to make a C in the course, I'd save myself the trouble of retaking and just finish it out if I were you, especially if your other grades are solid.

If dropping this course would put you below full-time status you might want to consider the implications there as well (i.e. you could lose financial aid, scholarships, etc.).