Optometry...internships...volunteering?

Started by optickot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optickot

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am new to this forum.

I am currently a Biology student wanting to go to Optometry school. I am also employed at an eye doctors office as an optometric technician.

Does anyone know of any good places (related to eye care) to volunteer/intern? I know there is unite for sight...but they usually do a lot of volunteering over seas. I am looking for something in the states, especially in the NJ-NY area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
 
You might want to check if there is a unite for sight chapter at your university or another local university. Thats where I volunteer at and we do a lot of work in the city. You can also look for free clinics around your area that do optometric work.
 
Hello!
I too work at a private optometrist's office. how did you become an optometrist's technician, what do you do exactly?
I'm looking to find volunteer activities also! any advice?
Best,
Katerina