Oregon Health Sciences University Program

Started by EBTG
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EBTG

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from OHSU, either an invite or rejection? Is it a major research-oriented program? Is it pretty competitive when compared to other major research west coast schools like U of Wash, UCSF, Stanford, UCLA, and UCSD? Thanks.
 
Can't help you with the above questions. But I can say that Portland is an GREAT city and that people that live there really love it. It's a big city with a hometown feel that has everything you could want from culture to excellent restaurants. The only reason i'm not applying is b/c there is no program for my wife...🙁
 
Got an interview invite from OHSU today- this was the last place to give me an interview so I think they may have waited a little longer than others to start looking at apps. They have loads of dates to choose from.

As far as the program, my understanding from the brief research I did when deciding where to apply is that it is a very solid program, and more community focused (not so heavy research as U of Wash, MGH, Pitt, and Wash U which I think of as the heavier research places I applied). I think it is more competitive than other programs of a similar caliber simply because it is located in such an incredible city.