Osteopathic CME, what are you guys using?

Started by Dakayus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dakayus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the 3 years are coming up fast from after residency and I want to make sure that I'm cost efficient with CME and such. What are you guys doing at the moment?

My plan is the following to use BLS and ACLS for some 1a CME, at least this is what I heard I could do. If this is possible does anyone know how many units this is worth?

For the rest of the 1b credits I found an online one by Richard Hallgren from MSUCOM that offers 1b credit at a rate of $15 per CME hour provided that you pass the test with >70%. If you guys choose to use him, you only have 1 opportunity to take the test and if you fail, you have to pay an additional fee.

I don't plan on being in the AOA as I highly dislike in person conferences nor am I planning to be apart of the AAFP since the membership fees are too high $790 this year.
 
Actually never mind the Richard Hallgren website. I tried to do 5 of the tests and only passed 3. The questions are ridiculous and is not a good way of getting CME. I guess I'll have to find alternatives.
 
I've logged over 130 hours through the aafp this year alone in the online quizzes. That alone more than makes up for the cost of the annual membership and makes the cme headache much easier... Not to mention that they automatically update the abfm for you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forget the CME- the OCC requirements for ACOFP are crazy. Has anyone actually done the modules yet or paid for them? Crazy ACOFP requirements really make me want to just stick with the much easier, cleaner ABFM board certification
 
I did a dual residency so I am board certified by both the ACOFP and the ABFM. The ACOFP requirements are ridiculous- so much so that I'm seriously considering dropping the certification. I'm certainly no longer going to pay for ACOFP membership- just the mandatory AOA membership. I don't think there's any reason to maintain the ACOFP certification unless you want to teach at a DO school or residency.
 
BUMP.

I have exhausted the CME from JAOA/osteopathic.org.
Need about 5-10 more 1A or 1B cme.

I get plenty of my non osteopathic CME from conferences/uptodate etc.
If anyone has good/easy options I would really appreciate it. This is a real pain with osteopathic med schools.

Thanks