Partnership overhead costs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gecko

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was considering joining an ortho practice, and the discussion of overhead costs has come up. I know overhead costs for interventional pain should be significantly lower than overhead costs for ortho surgeons.

Would anyone have rough estimates of how much difference this would be? The surgeons I have met are paying roughly 45% of their gross income to cover for their OH. What percentage would be fair for interventional pain?

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

don't join an ortho practice - you only hear the worst horror stories about guys who worked for spine surgeons... they don't understand pain, and they will always consider you their lackey...

don't do it...

don't join an ortho practice - you only hear the worst horror stories about guys who worked for spine surgeons... they don't understand pain, and they will always consider you their lackey...

don't do it...

for once I totally agree with Tenesma.....that situation is not ideal....However, to answer your question, overhead depends on your practice style. My overhead fluctuates from 30-40 percent. I have been told that this is lower than usual. I would say that 40-45% is reasonable. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
for once I totally agree with Tenesma.....that situation is not ideal....However, to answer your question, overhead depends on your practice style. My overhead fluctuates from 30-40 percent. I have been told that this is lower than usual. I would say that 40-45% is reasonable. Good luck.

My overhead is much more than yours. I am but a cog in the machine that Windsor built, and it is a juggernaut. No mission, no margin. Corporate details not avialble on request. We are a publically traded company.

My overhead is much more than yours. I am but a cog in the machine that Windsor built, and it is a juggernaut. No mission, no margin. Corporate details not avialble on request. We are a publically traded company.

steve,

That is because you are a multi million dollar pain management provider...I just cant compete, :). I am sure that your overhead is higher than my net.