past deadline

Started by kck
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kck

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had chosen the school that I was going to attend, but due to certain family needs, I am being called back home. I never applied for optometry school in my home state and now the deadline has passed. Do you guys think that schools ever accept applications and admit after the deadline? I placed 96th percentile on my OAT and even got a perfect score on organic chemistry. My gpa is a little above 3.7. What do you guys think? And if not, what do you guys think are the chances of me being able to transfer after a year?
Thanks for the advice guys!
 
Transferring is a very sticky situation because every school's curriculum is a little different. I know at least a couple of schools make you repeat the first year anyway even if you've already completed a year somewhere else. I'd just call whichever school you're talking about and ask them, that's where you'll get the best answer!