Pathology Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

georgewbush

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What pathology textbooks are recommended for 1st year residents?

Which surg path text is better? Sternberg or Ackerman?

🙂 😀
 
I like Sternberg best so do most of my classmates, but I would say wait and buy it when your program has a book fair (I imagine most do). That way you can look through both in the department and make up your own mind. Another book i love is Differential Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology. Don't remember who the author is right now and the book is at work.