Patient Contact

Started by SexiMexi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SexiMexi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am a medical student.

I am just wondering if any of you radiologists get any patient contact?
Is it possible to be a radiologist and interact w/ the patient?

I really like the idea of women's imaging, however the thought of putting down my stethoscope for the rest of my career makes me a bit sad.


Thanks.
 
Hi I am a medical student.

I am just wondering if any of you radiologists get any patient contact?

Most of my patient contacts are:

- after diagnostic mammograms discussing the findings with the patient
- during ultrasound studies when I go in with the tech to check on something they have questions about
- all breast US (also to discuss breast US findings with the patient).
- small procedures (paracentesis, thoracentesis, biopsies....)
- some fluoro work

however the thought of putting down my stethoscope for the rest of my career makes me a bit sad.

LoL,

Every time I sedate a patient, I have to do the pre-sedation physical (listening to the orthopedic point and both lungs). 9/10 times, my stethoscope has either wandered off or happens to be in the office while I am in the hospital.....