Pay Tuition or Loans While in School

Started by aceegreene
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aceegreene

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone - M2 here. I wanted to get advice on what is the financially better decision here:

I took out loans for full CoA (70ish k after aid) for M1. But my spouse just got a job and will be able to cover living expenses so we won’t be needing loans for that. And it seems that at least for this academic year I have enough in savings to pay tuition. So should I use that money to pay off the M1 loans I took or pay tuition for the coming year, which one would be the more prudent decision financially?

Would love some advice from people here. Thank you!