PCAT Help please >.<

Started by Owly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Owly

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I registered for the September PCAT but now I am thinking I should register for July PCAT instead. Isn't September PCAT too late to apply for next fall ? I haven't begun studying at all. I am thinking if I am too late to prepare for July PCAT. Still 47 days left. Do you think I can prepare studying 4-5 hours a day ?

One more question: When do colleges send rejections ? Let's say I applied at a school with my 3.74 GPA and suppose I got 40% PCAT composite on July. Will they wait for my September PCAT score or reject me right away ?
 
I think September would be fine for you. Are you taking fall courses though? Your GPA is good and Pharmacy schools look at applications until May of the following year (I think) Between August and November (once again I think) is when they really start reviewing. You could always do all of your application and send it and then the PCAT will be sent to the schools when you complete it.

If you are taking fall courses, but not summer courses maybe the July PCAT would be better.
 
Unfortunately, depending on where you live, the closest PCAT testing centers might be full by now. I signed up for the July 19th exam back in March. Last week, I looked to see if I could change to July 18th, but no luck, all spots are full unless I drive to another state.

I would check to see if there are available spots near you, if so, you can sign up and cancel (if you so choose), but there is a specific date to cancel by.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I registered for the September PCAT but now I am thinking I should register for July PCAT instead. Isn't September PCAT too late to apply for next fall ? I haven't begun studying at all. I am thinking if I am too late to prepare for July PCAT. Still 47 days left. Do you think I can prepare studying 4-5 hours a day ?

One more question: When do colleges send rejections ? Let's say I applied at a school with my 3.74 GPA and suppose I got 40% PCAT composite on July. Will they wait for my September PCAT score or reject me right away ?

4-5 hours a day for the next 47 days is more than enough to get a good score on the PCAT.
 
Thank you all. I decided to wait until September and hit 90's (hopefully lol). PharmCAS screwed my GPA lol. My GPA went down from 3.74 to 3.62.