PCAT Material

Started by Matrix187
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Matrix187

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is ~2 months plenty of time to finish the Kaplan 08-09 book, and sufficient enough to study for the PCAT? I also bought schaums org. chem outline, and a schaums biology outline book. I have all of the pre-reqs done besides organic chemistry 1/2. I'm just curious as to how much material the Kaplan book covers and if it's sufficient.
 
if no class yes, if you're taking full load class no as I can't imagine how anyone would study during school unless you're taking all nonscience/filler classes.
 
Good choices on the books, the Schaum's books are quite useful for chemistry definitely.

Kaplan alone I think is enough to get you by the biology section on the PCAT, I'm not sure if you'll have time to go through Schaum's and the Kaplan bio sections. Kaplan is very weak at covering organic chemistry and quantitative, so you might want to turn to another source for quantitative since you've already got Schaum's as a decent chem guide.
 
mugn3,

I have kaplan book but still look for other resources to study... can you give little detail about Shau's and where did you get it?

thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any okay online book store should have it... Amazon, Alibris, Barnes and Nobles, etc...

Schaum's is great, I got it off Alibris. They have a nice little compressed summary on each general chem and ochem topic and plenty of example and practice problems with solutions. It won't only be useful for the PCAT but for higher level chemistry that you might take in the future.