PCAT practice prep

Started by geefur16
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

geefur16

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone that has taken the PCAT before, were there any study books that you felt reflected the actual PCAT fairly well? I have Kaplan's, Cliffs, Peterson's, and Barron's and they all seem to vary greatly in difficulty. Just trying to get a feel for the real thing! Thanks for any input! 👍
 
I agree with you...
The practice test from Kaplan is so much harder compare to Barrons'.
But I've heard from a lot of people that the degree of difficulty is closer to Barrons...I dun kno.. someone knows?
 
I'm using Cliffs to answer math/verbal questions, Kaplan for bio and the Cliffs Problem Solvers Chemistry for...Chemistry, lol. Every book has their pros and cons.

I haven't used Barron's...but I heard the questions there were easier compared to the PCAT? I'm not exactly sure though =/
 
I agree with you...
The practice test from Kaplan is so much harder compare to Barrons'.
But I've heard from a lot of people that the degree of difficulty is closer to Barrons...I dun kno.. someone knows?

I agree. Kaplan is much harder than Barron's. Unfortunately, Kaplan seems like a piece of cake compared to Cliffs chem. section. I felt completely discouraged after taking their tests. 🙁 And encouraged after taking Barron's.