PCAT prep materials

Started by ur2smart
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ur2smart

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm planning on taking the PCAT in January. I've been looking around for which books to buy and so far the popular ones are:

Barron's PCAT
Kaplan
Collin's
Peterson's PCAT success
PCAT Professor
Cliffs
Millers analogies
Schaums

Obviously I can't buy all of these, but I would like to know the opinion of people who have used any of these and taken the PCAT recently. Ie. What sections of the books were adequate/not.
 
I used McGraw-Hill, Kaplan and Dr. Collins.
So far, I like the chemistry reviews from Dr. Collins. It's more precise and to the point than the others. I also studied Dr. Collin's vocabs
McGraw-Hill has pretty good reviews on Biology and Math. But, bio and math are my fairly strong point so that's just my opinion
I only used Kaplan for practice test, and I do think Kaplan is useless in reviewing. Some sections are so thin, yet those are the ones that need most attention and elaboration. And vice versa to the unimportant topics.
I downloaded Cliffnotes e-book to do the practice test after I'm done reviewing.
And you can always borrow some of these books in the library. Save $$$
 
Last edited: