PCAT question!

Started by ChEStud
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChEStud

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be a Sophomore Fall 2010 and I have a couple of questions (since some of the links on the sticky thread are... "dated"). I'm a ChemE major so I've completed Bio 1, Chem 1 & 2, and I'll have Orgo 1 done this fall. Can anyone recommend a PCAT book that is legit that I can study? Also is it possible for me to study Human A&P without taking a course just being studying the PCAT book?
 
Examcracker MCAT Biology & Organic Chem. Dr. Collin's for Verbal, Chemistry & Math. Examcracker 101 Verbal Reasoning for Reading. Any notes from your Bio & Chem classes. Math notes from your Pre-Cal, Calculus, Stats, Algebra classes. The actual PCAT Practice tests online by Pearson. It's going to be the best representation of how the PCAT will be & you get to see how you do.

You can absolutely take the PCAT without Human A&P. Primarily focus on these:

Major organs & functions of all the systems (e.g., urinary, cardiovascular, lymphatic, digestive, nervous system, etc.) , the major areas of the brain & it's functions, basic embryology (mainly aspects of formation, ectoderm, mesoderm, etc.), it's very important to know about hormones (where produced & its function), neurotransmitters, skeletal system (mainly types of joints & location), know the pathway of blood flow from heart to the rest of body, types of muscles, types of tissue & its characteristics, major components & functions of the eye & ear.

Since 20% of the Bio section is A&P, you're looking at about 10 questions or so...you can totally miss all this section & still end up with a good score on the Bio.

Hope this helps you. Best of luck.