Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I am taking the PCAT in July for the second time and I was hoping I could get a little bit of insight on what those whom scored above the 50% studied. I studied Dr. Collins thoroughly and aced all of the practice exams including the practice exams that Pearson offers. I scored slightly below a 50% composite and it was really surprising to me since I felt really good about the test. I have made A's in all of my pre-pharmacy classes and just received my B.A. in Chemistry and a Biochemistry minor. I feel that I have an extremely good background and knowledge of all of my science courses, but somehow my performance didn't seem to reflect it. Any recommendations on what study guide has worked best for most people or what combination of study guides work best? Dr. Collins did help in certain aspects, but it seems to have become very outdated. I heard from two pharmacist whom have graduated within the last 3 years, and they said that they used Kaplan and scored very well. Anyways, any advice would be nice!
I am taking the PCAT in July for the second time and I was hoping I could get a little bit of insight on what those whom scored above the 50% studied. I studied Dr. Collins thoroughly and aced all of the practice exams including the practice exams that Pearson offers. I scored slightly below a 50% composite and it was really surprising to me since I felt really good about the test. I have made A's in all of my pre-pharmacy classes and just received my B.A. in Chemistry and a Biochemistry minor. I feel that I have an extremely good background and knowledge of all of my science courses, but somehow my performance didn't seem to reflect it. Any recommendations on what study guide has worked best for most people or what combination of study guides work best? Dr. Collins did help in certain aspects, but it seems to have become very outdated. I heard from two pharmacist whom have graduated within the last 3 years, and they said that they used Kaplan and scored very well. Anyways, any advice would be nice!