PCAT READING AND BIO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

With reading, your skills are pretty much set by now. In my opinion, all you can do is practice skim reading and try to summarize the passage. For bio, I would look over Pearson's official practice tests as they were very helpful for me.
 
For the reading, I read the questions first so I know what to look for when I skim the passage. For Bio, Dr. Collins study guide sums up the important concepts pretty well. The practice tests are also useful so you can time yourself and make sure you answer all the questions under 35 minutes. When I practiced with those tests, I had about 10 minutes left over to go over any questions I wasn't completely sure on. Kaplan's Biology Section is uncomfortably huge, but it provides a lot of detail which is nice. Good luck with your studies!