-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCAT/SAT Correlation
Started by speednutsII
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
snailman said:It might be easier to compare percentile rankings from both tests, as opposed to SAT numerical scores with PCAT percentiles.
well, I already have an idea of percentile rankings for the SAT. I just figured it was easier for people to remember their numerical score than their percentile score.
starsweet said:Hey, I made a 1310 on the GRE too, which I didn't mention. Only our PCAT scores are different. Hopefully I'll make a 98 in January! 🙄
I hope you get a 98 too... we'd have exactly the same scores...weird! Good luck 👍But why are you taking it again??? 91% is great! Did you do bad in one section, or something? 😕
😛
A 98! I hope she gets a 99! 😛DHG said:I hope you get a 98 too... we'd have exactly the same scores...weird! Good luck 👍
But why are you taking it again??? 91% is great! Did you do bad in one section, or something? 😕
Sat: 1370 (1996)
Pcat: 99% (2005)
Pcat: 99% (2005)
bananaface said:😛 A 98! I hope she gets a 99! 😛
Me too! I need to study, I haven't really done any extra studying since October's PCAT!
DHG, you're right, I did poorly in Chem (49), but all my other scores were high. I hadn't taken Organic Chem I when I took the PCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SAT 1170 😳
ACT 23
PCAT 87
ACT 23
PCAT 87
1180 Sat (1998)
86 Pcat (2004)
98 Pcat (2005)
86 Pcat (2004)
98 Pcat (2005)
SAT: 1400
PCAT: 99
Pharmacy school GPA: embarassingly low
PCAT: 99
Pharmacy school GPA: embarassingly low
SAT 1320 (1992)
ACT 32 (1992)
GRE 2140 (V640/M710/A790) (1999) I think maybe GRE has changed since then?
PCAT 99 (2005)
ACT 32 (1992)
GRE 2140 (V640/M710/A790) (1999) I think maybe GRE has changed since then?
PCAT 99 (2005)
crossjb said:425 SAT
6 ACT
4% PCAT
I don't test well...
I thought you got 84 and 91 on the PCAT 😕
crossjb said:425 SAT
6 ACT
4% PCAT
I don't test well...
Hahahaha... you're awesome!
crossjb said:lol, somebody knows my history... 😀
just lightening the thread up a little on st. paddie's day...![]()
This proves I'm on SDN waaaaay too much!I would say standardized testing scores can vary widely depending on how much you study for them. I didn't study at all for the SAT and got a 1300, then after actually taking the time to read up got a 1480 on the GRE. Some people are also naturally much better at standardized tests. I would think if anything SAT/GRE would have a little more correlation than SAT/PCAT based on the subject matter, but I think no matter how well you do on the SAT there is no reason you won't do well on the PCAT if you work hard, learn your coursework in college well, and study up specifically for the PCAT.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
