Pcat score help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

min hun kang

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was trying to become dentist but my DAT Score was not so good.
PAT 14 12.2%
QR (MATH) 15 48.9%
RC (READING) 14 6.1%
BIO 17 55.7%
GC (GEN CHEM) 20 86.0 %
OC (ORGANIC CHEM) 19 75.7 %
TS 18 70.2 %
Academic Average 17 55.8 %
I applied 10 dental school but 2 schools are denied and 8 schools have no responded. Im pretty sure I will not get in.
My academic average and science average is both 2.99
Then I decided to take PCAT and I did not prepare for it since I got sick of studying and I kind of lost hope.
so I received my score

Verbal Ability 351 1% convetions of langage 3.0 2.82 ?
Biology 393 35% Problem solving 3.0 2.87 ?
Reading 374 11%
Quanti Ab 389 23%
Chemistry 438 90%
Composite 389 22%

I realized I really screwed up except chemistry. I guess this time I also have no chance to get in to pharm school ?
and How do I read Conventions of language and problem solving?
is there anyway I can improve ?
Is there any job I can find? T ㅅ T
 
Then I decided to take PCAT and I did not prepare for it since I got sick of studying and I kind of lost hope.

Prepare for it. And if you get sick of studying, register for a prep course, then you'll be forced to attend class and take practice tests. You should be glad that you don't have to worry about chemistry. And you should probably stick with DAT. PCAT should not be an easy way out.
 
is there a reason why you went to pharmacy when you didn't get into dental? pharmacy school is probably just as hard to get into as dental school. I would look into post bacc programs for professional schools. Figure out why you want dental or why you want pharmacy and pick one.

Also i would ask the two schools that denied you why you got denied and see what you can do to improve.
As for your pcat score, your chemistry scores are great. If pharmacy is what you want just sit and study your best. Focus on improving your lowest scores, look up on sdn what people did to increase verbal ability and reading comprehension.

good luck