PCAT Score Questions

Started by dbmgator
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dbmgator

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished the PCAT yesterday afternoon. I felt I did awesome on the bio and chem sections and alright on the others except for the quantitative. I guess I did not prepare enough for that section...

My question is, say for instance I did alright in every section except the quantitative. (say I got a 30% or 50% or something awful on that section...) if my overall score is still high (70% maybe) would I have to retake the PCAT just to bring up that score?

Let me rephrase what I just say about lol...I am trying to say, do you have to do well in EVERY section on the PCAT in order to be accepted or is it just the overall composite? score which matters?
 
Last edited:
It really depends on the school. I am of the belief that you can do somewhat poorly on one section (meaning a 40-60) and still do well enough to have a competitive score overall. But if you tank one section (under 40) I think it will really drop your overall composite too much even if you do well on the other sections - unless all others are in the mid to high 90s.

My experience is that people who talk about their scores on this site are in the upper levels, 85 and up. Some people in the 70s mention their scores and very few people below that seem to say anything at all about their scores. However, I personally know of several people who are currently in pharmacy schools that had PCATs of about 65 and are in good schools in my state, which is Illinois.