PCAT SCORE what does this mean

Started by myoukhana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

myoukhana

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I took my pcat today and I have no idea what Scaled Score means and Percent Rank besides it. Here they are below:
SS PR
374 10 Verbal Ability
425 84 Biology
346 1 Reading Comprehension
390 27 Quantitative ability
426 85 Chemistry
392 27 Composite


I mean, are these scores ok, good, or bad
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I take it in ~4 hrs.. now I am stressing hardcore knowing that a few of you did that bad.. Did you just not study at all for it??
I got in the 70s on all of my practice tests, but my real exam had a LOT of organic chem which I haven't taken and a lot of calculus which I haven't taken. Not to mention, the guy next to me was talking the entire time and being a distraction. Good luck to you
 
Ok so I took my pcat today and I have no idea what Scaled Score means and Percent Rank besides it. Here they are below:
SS PR
374 10 Verbal Ability
425 84 Biology
346 1 Reading Comprehension
390 27 Quantitative ability
426 85 Chemistry
392 27 Composite


I mean, are these scores ok, good, or bad
Your composite score is basically the percent you got out of 100. The score is compared to all the other students who have taken it in the past # of years (I am guessing it's either 10 yrs or less). It means 73% of people have done better than you.

If I were you, I wouldn't stress because I have seen people with a score of 25 and a 3.1 overall GPA get accepted the past year.

You can retake it, it won't hurt since they always pick the higher score. Goodluck to u.