PCAT Study Guides

Started by crocodile
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crocodile

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the Kaplan's 2008-2009 Study Guide, and I found it useful for Biology, but not so much in the other categories. For chemistry, I have my first year organic and physical materials, so I'll probably just review those. Likewise for the quantitative ability component.

My struggle when i wrote it last year was the verbal ability. Are there any books that are really useful in studying for that section?

BTW, how is Barons? and would you reccomend the Cliff's Practice Tests?

I also plan to purchse the PCAT test from Harcort but after i've done a decent amount of studying

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 😀
 
Here are my results from January 2009,

cGPA: 3.34
Biology: 85
Chemistry: 81
Quantitative Ability: 92
Reading Comprehension: 52
Verbal Ability: 50
COL: 3
PS: 3
Composite: 79

At that time, was in first year undergrad, and A- in both first year organic and physical chem