PCAT Verbal Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dolcevita11

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am preparing for October PCAT and studying from Dr. Collins self-study guide for verbal section. Do you think that would be sufficient? or should I purchase another study guide? 🙂
 
Hi,

I am preparing for October PCAT and studying from Dr. Collins self-study guide for verbal section. Do you think that would be sufficient? or should I purchase another study guide? 🙂
Dr. Collins program is amazing. I took the actual class on Saturdays and it helped to improve my scored dramatically (considering the 1st time I took the test I didn't study and for a 19...) but as for the verbal section, what I did was I memorized all of the analogies given in Collins packets and took all of the practice multiple times and I brought that score up to an 88 from around 60 I am pretty sure. So I mean the words are important, but if you know basic root words/prefixes/suffixes, you should be fine.