PCAT Vocabulary

Started by Coogs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Coogs

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you guys study for the vocabulary part of the PCAT. Did you have a bank of words that you studied repeatedly?

Any advice and tips are appreciated.
 
I bought the Kaplan book and meant to learn the Latin roots or read through the vocabulary words or do something with it. I got a 99th percentile without really touching the English part of the book. I don't have a huge vocabulary, although I do like to read. The words in the analogies were far easier than the words on the SAT I took almost 20 years ago. I wouldn't stress too much about learning new words. If you haven't done Harcourt's online test, I would do that. It is indicative of the type of vocabulary you'll see.