PCAT writing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

serene tan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been looking at Dr.Collins's writing topics and realized that I don't know about most of the issues.
I am writing my test in January. How should I be preparing for this essay section? My knowledge is so limited...
Thanks so much guys!
 
My writing score is not the best (3.5 so you can be the judge 🙂) but I feel like most people including myself don't spend much time preparing for writing section. You can try to read news articles to expand your knowledge if you'd like, but as far as I know the essay topics can be pretty random lol
I've just spent some time going through the scoring rubric in writing section of the prep book I bought. I figured I'll just spend more time preparing for other sections!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't tried writing an essay yet but I think my main problem right now is not knowing what to write. If you don't know about the specific problem they are asking, I guess you can't really do much.
Do you guys run into that sort of trouble?
Thanks!!!!


My writing score was a 5. I only took the PCAT once and never studied once for this section. What I did was just honestly treat it like an essay you would find in a English class and write it formally so no 'you' and 'I'. I posted something about the writing on this thread. Just don't want to type something similar again.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=959852
 
I had that problem. One of the questions I had on the test I was so clueless over. So I just guessed, went with what was off my head. There isn't a right or wrong answer, you just need to look strong. I think the term is BSing. :laugh: It works with me all the time. :meanie:
 
English is my second language and I have been in the US for about 4 years now. I looked at the Collins topics and was clueless about most of them. so I started writing 2 essays every day. I timed the clock and just write whatever I know, and then i would Google the topic and start adding things or just to understand the topic more. I got 4, and honestly I think if u go over all Collins topics u will be ok on the test.🙂🙂