PCO Interview

Started by sp4175
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sp4175

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview at PCO next week and wanted to know how the interview this year was. Is it open or closed file? One on one or group? I read the feedback portion and they had mixed answers.

Thanks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview at PCO next week and wanted to know how the interview this year was. Is it open or closed file? One on one or group? I read the feedback portion and they had mixed answers.

Thanks!!

In my interview, there was only other person and we started out with the dean of admissions and she just asked us really basic questions - tell me about yourself and why PCO. That part is completely closed file. Then we both went to two different interviewers separately and it was open file. The lady I had asked me questions about the challenges in the field and why did I choose optometry. She also asked about my low OAT scores, but she was super nice about it. Overall, it was a great experience. Very nice people.