PEAT exam on a mac

Started by niemand
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

niemand

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone found any good solutions to taking the PEAT exam on a mac? The exam requires internet explorer which doesn't run on OS X. I tried using Safari's developer option to ghost internet explorer, but have been unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

And no, I don't have access to a computer lab.
 
Anyone found any good solutions to taking the PEAT exam on a mac? The exam requires internet explorer which doesn't run on OS X. I tried using Safari's developer option to ghost internet explorer, but have been unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

And no, I don't have access to a computer lab.

You could set up a virtual machine with any number of software applications and take it on a Windows OS. It's a little expensive, but not passing the NPTE is more expensive...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an old copy of windows. Going to dual boot it and see how it goes. Will report back for others who may be in the same predicament
 
Old copies of Windows Vista (read really cheap online) work. Success! And thanks for the link DPT13, will pass it on to other classmates who might run into this issue