Pediatric Rheumatology

Started by Hagridy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hagridy

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I’m a current PGY-2 who is starting to think about the future. As of now, I’m very undecided on what I would like to specialize in (or even if I want to specialize). One area of specialization I’m interested in is rheumatology. However, I can’t find any information besides that there is a shortage. If anyone here is a peds rheumatologist and can speak on 1) what common types of patient problems/diseases you see on a daily basis, 2) how much of your time is clinical vs research vs med ed vs whatever else, 3) lifestyle, and 4) compensation/pay (this is the question I really can’t find any info on).

This would be super helpful. Thanks in advance!!
 
one of my friends is a rheumatology fellow: 1) psychiatric problems 2) all time is spent devising how to refer to heme/onc 3) pretty good 4) not much - ideally you do research