Peds for DOs

Started by angelfan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

angelfan

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I am wondering what 3rd/4th year students & residents feel about opportunities for peds clinical training as DOs. I have heard that DO opportunities are very weak, so to specialize in peds, one would really have to compete for MD spots-is this accurate or am I missing part of reality? And does anyone happen to know if the peds programs for DOs is evolving to get better or has this yet to be addressed? When I went through a couple of interviews and heard about this, I was so disappointed because I am committed to entering this awesome specialty. Any feedback would be appreciated, as my mentors have said that when choosing a school, you'd have to really plan 5-6 years ahead.

Thanks,
Swimmer