personal statement question

Started by goheel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goheel

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my personal statement, I want to say that when I graduate, I want to work for the pharmaceutical companies. What would be a proper way to put that? I think I need to have a more technical way to put it. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
 
goheel said:
In my personal statement, I want to say that when I graduate, I want to work for the pharmaceutical companies. What would be a proper way to put that? I think I need to have a more technical way to put it. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
"I have a particularly strong interest in pharmaceutical manufacturing, R&D, and quality control" ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goheel said:
In my personal statement, I want to say that when I graduate, I want to work for the pharmaceutical companies. What would be a proper way to put that? I think I need to have a more technical way to put it. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

goheel - When writing your personal statement, be sure to leave room for flexibility and growth in your professional desires. I don't think ad coms want to see someone who already has their mind made up about what they want to do when they graduate. I think coms like to see someone who knows about the field and has an idea of what they might like to persue, but also someone who is flexible and open minded about other opportunities.

jdpharmd?'s statement a great way to include your current desires, but I would add something about how you are also interested in learning everything you can about the entire field and making an informed choice of specialty when the time comes.

Good luck on your personal statement! It was one of the tallest hurdles for me when I applied. 🙂
 
I agree with the previous poster. In my personal statement, I described my areas or interest, but also made reference to the fact that I will be exposed to many areas in pharmacy school, and intend to keep an open mind.

During my admissions interview, I was complimented by my interviewer for keeping my options open (in my personal statement). She told me that this is a wonderful thing. So, while it may be good to discuss your current interests as I did, you might want to imply that you are open to new experiences, etc. as well.