Personal Statement Question

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaq786

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to get this straight...no cliches or rhetorical questions in the essay right? This also applies to all pharmacy school based essays from here on out right?

Is a thesis statement a little ridiculous or a good idea? I am thinking this is more of a freestyle essay that needs only a little organization, but no thesis is required.

Can I ask a question in my personal statement and then provide an answer?

Example:

Then I decided to switch over to pharmacy. What was the purpose of performing this action? The initial goal was blah blah blah.