Personal Statement Resubmission Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MD2B in 2010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year I applied for regular MD admission and then later realized that I wanted to do the MD/PhD and had limited funds to continue the cylce so I decided to not submit any of the secondaries that I received from schools after the primary step. I figure that most schools do not screen and just send secondaries to a majority of their applicants for profit gain and do not scrutinize an applicants application until the secondary and other supporting materials (recommendations, "secondary", etc..) are submitted. Based on this, I was wondering if it would be okay to re-use my personal statement since it was actually never put to use by my standards. Also I mean, I have to write two other essays for this particular track anyways right? So I mean how much harm could this to do to me? Should I even consider myself a re-applicant in this cycle since I did not submit any secondaries?

Guys I would really appreciate a plethora of ideas on how to resolve this situation, because I feel my current personal statement is pretty good and has garnered pretty good praise from a diverse audience telling me not to change it. Help me out here, thanks.
 
With no secondary, I doubt any schools looked at it.
You may want to talk about why you want to do MD/PhD.

If not and you feel good about it, I don't think you need to change it.