-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Personal Statement
Started by enterocooccus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Personal statements are supposed to be personal. Looking at someone else's personal statement as a guide won't help you tell your story. Read the link in the sticky at the top of the forum. I think the pre-allo forum has a pretty good guide from one of the mods, too. You should search for it. Otherwise, the internet is a good place to search for examples. But, like I said, using someone else's PS isn't going to help your PS sound very original 🙂
Can someone send me a personal statement to make reference to ? seriously lol
Are you kidding me?🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like the new avatar...![]()
Spring is here!.... only wait, no, it's summer now. Damn.
Can someone send me a personal statement to make reference to ?

Can someone send me a personal statement to make reference to ? seriously lol
Yes, but only if you let me know some information.
You see, I am a legal advisor to Mr. Soandso. He is the executor of the will of your great-uncle, who lost his life in the jungles of central Africa. He has informed me that you are the next-of-kin to his inheritance of $12 million dollars.
We need your Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Social Security Number, Mother's Maiden Name, and Bank Account Number and Routing Number, so we can deposit you the inheritance. Sorry for your loss.
Last edited:
Can someone send me a personal statement to make reference to ? seriously lol
Only if you include a citation in proper MLA format 😀
Only if you include a citation in proper MLA format 😀
APA format is better.
APA format is better.
I'm more accustomed to Chicago Style/Turabian.
Sure, do you have some homework you want me to do as well? Maybe I can take the PCAT for you also?
APA format is better.
Better how? I like MLA, only because I am used to it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, but only if you let me know some information.
You see, I am a legal advisor to Mr. Soandso. He is the executor of the will of your great-uncle, who lost his life in the jungles of central Africa. He has informed me that you are the next-of-kin to his inheritance of $12 million dollars.
We need your Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Social Security Number, Mother's Maiden Name, and Bank Account Number and Routing Number, so we can deposit you the inheritance. Sorry for your loss.
lol, excellent
I got one from Nigeria's fraud investigation department today! Apparently, I have been the victim of some kind of scam and am NOT due to inherit anything for Mr. Soandso. Instead, I am to contact Justice Suchandsuch with all of the information I previously provided to Mr. Soandso in order to receive restoration. Seems legit, right?Yes, but only if you let me know some information.
You see, I am a legal advisor to Mr. Soandso. He is the executor of the will of your great-uncle, who lost his life in the jungles of central Africa. He has informed me that you are the next-of-kin to his inheritance of $12 million dollars.
We need your Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Social Security Number, Mother's Maiden Name, and Bank Account Number and Routing Number, so we can deposit you the inheritance. Sorry for your loss.
Yes, all our three internets are at your disposal.OP, do you realize you have all the Internets at your disposal?
I got one from Nigeria's fraud investigation department today! Apparently, I have been the victim of some kind of scam and am NOT due to inherit anything for Mr. Soandso. Instead, I am to contact Justice Suchandsuch with all of the information I previously provided to Mr. Soandso in order to receive restoration. Seems legit, right?
Very much so.
Google personal statements. That's a start (maybe search specifically for medical school ones because they are probably more prevalent and similar)
I will send you my sh*tty first draft. 😀
Sure, do you have some homework you want me to do as well? Maybe I can take the PCAT for you also?
Why stop there? Would the OP want us to interview for them, too? I mean that's what we're here for, right?

Why stop there? Would the OP want us to interview for them, too? I mean that's what we're here for, right?![]()
👍
How's the weather treating you?
Why stop there? Would the OP want us to interview for them, too? I mean that's what we're here for, right?![]()
Don't worry, I'll volunteer to come in during my (nonexistent) lunch breaks and count the pills, verify scripts, and counsel patients for him once he becomes a licensed pharmacist, too.
But in all seriousness, OP, you've asked for someone else's personal statement and also for other people to answer the "why this school" question for you in another thread. I (as well as many others) have said this to other SDN members that have posted similar requests: if you can't come up with your own answers for these essays, then I strongly urge you to reconsider if you sincerely want to go into pharmacy or whether you're going into it for the right reasons. I'm not trying to be mean by saying that, but if you have no sincere personal motivation to do pharmacy, then you will hate your job. Personally, the stress is not something I would want to put up with if I didn't like what I did. Also, as Laura pointed out above, if you take from other people's ideas, what are you going to do during your interview when they ask about topics from your essay(s)? I've had open file interviews where my interviewer held my essay in front of her and grilled me about it. You're only setting yourself up for eventual failure sooner or later if you seek other people's ideas for a personal statement. Do you have any pharmacy or healthcare experience? You need to draw from that experience what you like about it and what has motivated you to pursue a career in pharmacy.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K