Personal Statements

Started by ashley85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ashley85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So how is everyone incorporating their SMP's in their AMCAS essay? I'm trying to fine tune my essay so I can submit the end of this week or the beginning of next, but I'm struggling with that aspect of my personal statement a little bit. Thanks for the advice!
 
I wrote a quick explanation about why my GPA isn't indicative of my academic abilities and then let them know I was doing an SMP at georgetown to prove that I can handle the rigors of medical school. The PS should include something about weaknesses in your application so it is definitely good to mention the SMP.